Wednesday 6 February 2013

Overtaking and Over-wear

I reckon you know the type, all revving up behind you and then tearing past, cutting in at the last minute before the traffic island and giving you a good view of the LED ring around the BMW badge on the boot?

…And then slowing down for the next speed ramp stuck behind the car in front, letting me slip past and overtake another few cars in front. Somehow that made me happy, and was a bit less annoying than being over taken in similar circumstances the next morning by someone who then actually slowed me down by driving in front of me.

Most of my riding at the moment has been on the roads, due to bad weather and lack of opportunity, and I feel like I’ve been keeping it fairly “street” (and yes, that was an excuse to just squeeze in that link).

Seriously, I have had the opportunity to road-test (but not off-road test) a new waterproof. The lure of a deal on this Dare2B coat that made it about £35 including delivery was too much for me to resist and so now I can bring you :

Kit that Might Work.

Initial reactions were mixed. I liked the colour and the material but the fit, for a small, seemed generous. Wearing it confirmed this, however for the money it was worth a real test and the length in the body could end up being a blessing in the wet, as could the hood, which is an interesting choice on a bike-specific top.

So far it has dealt well with a biting wind and the fit, with slim sleeves and a body that doesn’t seem too baggy on the bike, felt like a top layer for those really filthy days where you want to be wrapped up. Whether it ends up as a coat for pre and post rides to keep dry, or as a true riding top remains to be seen, but for now the bright colour is no bad thing on the roads and the high collar kept me out of the wind.

After that bit of actual consumer advice, a video:

A

No comments:

Post a Comment