Monday 8 May 2017

More Closed Routes

Another irritating theme is developing with recent riding. As I explore different areas to ride I’ve found too many blocked ways and closed paths. In Wales this happened in spectacular fashion but it came up again this weekend in Hertfordshire.


This ride was an attempt to start in St Albans and link into the riding I knew existed to the East. As you can see there some early false starts. Firstly when a track that I hoped would cross the motorway actually came to a dead stop before crossing. Soon afterwards another track was closed for work, the second section to fall to roadworks in the same area of Hertfordshire this year. Both meant annoying diversions, in each case racking up the tarmac miles on this exploring ride. Overall the best sections were easily the ones I already knew, but I might have missed some opportunities to the north of St Albans, however much there was little that grabbed my attention on studying the map.

Home from this trip I wanted some more flowing fun (in a similar style to last week, oddly). I rolled off to the BMX track to blast over some jumps and berms. Results were mixed.

A post shared by @andy_c_11 on


When it was going well, it felt great, hitting jumps at times too hard and overjumping the doubles. It was probably this speed that put me on the deck, but at least I got up and back at it before heading home with blood running down my leg. The old saying is true and not getting back up there does more damage the next time out.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment