Monday 31 August 2015

Riding Again

I spent Friday moaning about my own injury in a decidedly needy manner, so perhaps to put the record straight I should pick up a story that I had ready to share with you before the crash.

You’ll no doubt remember Martyn Ashton and the accident that paralysed him from the waist down and looked to permanently put him off a bike. A few weeks ago a video hit the internet that made even a cynical non-sentimentalist like me get a whole load of feelings.


I think the look on his face sums up what it means to love riding bikes. Not all of us are able to make it a career, like Martyn, but it’s easy for it to be the thing that keeps you happy and sane and makes you grin.

I’m late to this story thanks to the circumstances, but I still wanted to share it. I might not say the same for the 100s of alerts I have from the last few weeks.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment