Wednesday 1 October 2014

Urban Tales

While Rampage craziness goes “off” in Utah there is excitement in London as Saturday sees the Parkour ride in docklands. Pitching mountain bikers against roadies, BMX and fixie riders over a course where speed or skill may be the key to winning this should be an exciting event. It’s backed up with booze and music and will be raced by some big names including BMX Supercross World Cup Winner Liam Phillips, Downhill World Champion Manon Carpenter and retiring road pro Dave Millar.

I won’t be there, but I look forward to seeing the highlights and I reckon it could be a winning (if achingly hipster) event.

I kept it urban last weekend as well and popped over to Lordship Rec for a bit of a session on the pumptrack. I don’t usually ride with headphones but felt in the mood for some music as I thrashed around in the dust. Some hot sweaty laps later I was feeling the burn from the sprinty course and decided to turn the sports tracker on just to see whether there was anyone else riding the loop and interested in speed. I was surprised to see myself cropping up straight away in the top ten for the segments on the track. As much as I don’t want it to make me feel like this I know I will be back to try and beat this and am already wondering what bikes the people above me are riding on. There’s something tough and powerful about getting your pump and jump on on a short power course and I can’t resist the challenge, whether getting air or not is faster round the loop.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment