Tuesday 10 August 2010

Frames, Art and more W*nkers

I may have a bit of a problem.

It was kindly pointed out to me by a fellow cyclist that the frame on my daily commuting bike might be bent. If he turns out to be right I will forgive him both the top tucked into lycra shorts, and making me miss my turning.

You see, I initially thought that it was impossible – but it would go some way to explaining the wear pattern on my rapidly disintegrating rear tyre. Having whizzed through the usual places on the internet I shall be attempting to check it out and possibly fix it with the help of the ever-practical advice from Sheldon Brown’s website who’s help and information continues to benefit cyclists even after his death. I have to say that a fix involving string and a big bit of wood appeals to me in every way more than a purpose-built tool from Park Tools.

As ever there will be reports here on my progress – or my sobbing grief at the death of a much-loved frame. I’m just glad that the bike is steel and therefore might be possible to fix.

In other news, if you’re in the San Francisco area in the next while you might find yourself having artwork thrown at you from bikes. Don’t panic, it’s just an art project which you can find out about here.

Finally after our post yesterday we were sorry to hear that the genius behind the 101 Wankers blog has had her bike stolen. Hopefully it won’t be too long before she’s back on the roads and being shouted at again (in a nice way, er, if you see what we mean…?)

A

No comments:

Post a Comment